Visual timetable to support home schooling:
Resources for a visual timetable- simply print and cut out
Other helpful resources for supporting pupils during the school closure:
https://www.riversideschool.org.uk/page/?title=Coronavirus+Home+Resources&pid=235 - This school has some great resources to support sensory and physical development as well as many others.
Widgit have created some symbols to help with the Coronavirus to help explain the situation to children.
Helpful links for parents to help answer questions about the Coronavirus:
If your child has been worried about what is happening in the news, please see the links below which will guide you through how to have those conversations with your child, so that you can answer their questions.
- https://childmind.org/article/talking-to-kids-about-the-coronavirus/ (Spanish translation available!)
- https://www.mindheart.co/descargables ( Translations available!- A story to explain about the Coronavirus for children under 7)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/51896156- Watch Newsround for tips if you are worried about the Coronavirus.
- https://www.elsa-support.co.uk/coronavirus-story-for-children/ - This is a link to a website with a social story about the Coronavirus to help explain about isolation.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVxMKpLLRoM- Show this video to your children to help them understand the importance of hand washing
Ideas for Home Learning:
Practical Ideas- Home Learning
Play Dough Recipes
Recipes and Ideas for Play Dough
Ideas for Games at Home
Early Years- Ideas
https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/- dyslexia support for parents
https://dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/- dyspraxia support
https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/- help to support parents/carers with children who have sleep issues. They also have a stress helpline.
Apps and Games:
http://www.brainparade.com/products/see-touch-learn-free/- Description: a visual instruction app, including flash cards and picture-choosing games, for children with autism and special needs.
https://www.helpkidzlearn.com/- Description: a collection of games and resources designed for a range of educational needs and stages. It includes provision for school closure.
https://www.sensoryapphouse.com/ Description: a range of apps are available for pupils with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) or Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD). All are interactive and many do not require significant coordination abilities.
https://www.visuals2go.com/ Description: an all-in-one app created to support people with communication and learning difficulties. For verbal and non-verbal learners.
Speech and Language: