Although this is our final term of the school year the children will be working very hard as they complete their SATs tests and prepare for Year 3. Thank you for all your support this year and especially the hard work you have put in to helping your child progress at home.
Literacy: To discuss how story events and plot develops.
To write a story using connectives, third person and past tense.
To talk about the effect of language in poetry.
To write a poem using precise vocabulary to describe a feeling.
|Miss Hughes-Crean’s group:
To read the time to the hour and half hour.
To measure time in minutes.
To subtract by counting back.
To subtract one multiple of ten from another e.g. 40 – 20 = 20.
To add two teen numbers e.g. 13 + 16 = 29
To solve real life money problems.
|Miss Duffy’s group:
To add and subtract a 1-digit number to and from a multiple of 100 e.g. 500 – 7 = 493.
To organise and interpret information on a table.
To add two 2-digit numbers e.g. 36 + 21 = 57
To read the time to the quarter hour.
To understand multiplication as repeated addition.
RE: (‘Choices’ and ‘Neighbours’)
- To explore the good and bad choices they make and how they can make a new start.
- To learn about neighbours in different places and what Jesus meant by “Love thy neighbour”.
Our Connected Curriculum Topic is ‘Castles’. This focuses on History and Science skills.
- To investigate castle life.
- To compare the contrast between rich and poor.
- To look at castle design and defences.
- To design and create a catapult.
Our Core Learning Skills unit is ‘Speaking and Listening’.
- SATs tests will take place this week (beginning 10th June) so please make sure your child is well rested with a good breakfast and in school on time.
- The Phonics Screening Check will take place for those children who need to complete it next week. Please continue to support your child in learning their phonic sounds in preparation.
Thanks for your support,
Miss Duffy Miss Hughes-Crean