We hope you have had a lovely time over the summer and we welcome you to Reception! We are looking forward to getting to know you and working together so that we have a very exciting and productive year.
Our Connected Curriculum Topic is “Shapes and Numbers”.
We will be learning about:
- 2D shapes and identifying them in our environment.
- Counting to 10 and beyond.
- Recognising numbers to 10 and beyond.
- Ordering numbers to 10.
- Learning to recognise and write our names.
Phonics is a priority in Reception and this half term we will be learning initial sounds s, a, t, p, i, n, c, k, e, h, r, m.
We will think about:
- The people who are with us at the beginning of our lives.
- God as our Creator and as a presence in our lives.
- Each one of us being special in God’s eyes.
- Wellington Boots can be left at school for rainy days, as long as they are labelled and kept in a named plastic bag on their peg.
- Items of uniform can easily be lost within our busy classrooms so please ensure that they are labelled with your child’s name so we can return any misplaced clothing.
- Piggy Money is £5 per term or £15 a year. This contribution enables us to fund any cooking or tasting activities, as well as any additional resources we buy to make your child’s learning experience more interesting and varied. Please give your contribution to the class teacher in an envelope with your child’s name on it.
Can you help us?
- The children have a “Special Book” which we put all significant pieces of work into. We welcome contributions from home, any pictures or achievements can be added to it, as well as family photos etc.
- The children love “junk modelling”, please send in any recyclable materials (cereal boxes, egg cartons, kitchen roll holders, plastic bottles, trays etc) to keep the children’s making area well stocked.
Thank you for your support
Ms Foster Ms Haddon Jenny Adriana